| Contact US
Associate Professor and Endowed Chair of E-Commerce
Dept. of Computer Science and Computer Engineering
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
phone: (502) 852-0191
e-mail: olfa . nasraoui @ louisville . edu
CURRENT RESEARCH PROJECTS:
- “Stream Clustering Algorithms in Mixed Domains with Soft Two-way Semi-Supervision”, PI, National Science Foundation – Data Intensive Computing, $450,000, 2009-2012.
- “Architecture Analysis of Peer-to-Peer Data Exchanges”,
PI, KY Science & Engineering Foundation, $99,413.00, Jul.
- “CAREER: New Clustering Algorithms Based on Robust Estimation and Genetic Niches with Applications to Web Usage Mining”, PI, National Science Foundation – Intelligent Information Systems - Information and Data Management, $300,080, 2002-2007
- "Solar Loop Mining for the Coronal Heating Problem" PI, NASA - Applied Information Systems Research Program (AISR), $385,000, 2004-2007.
- “Mining Solar Images to Support Astrophysics Research”, PI, National Science Foundation– Science & Engineering Informatics, $200,000, 2004-2007.
- “Transforming the NSTCenter from Website to Knowledge Portal ”, co-PI, Innovative Productivity Inc. as a sub-contract from the US . Navy, $119,000 , Jan. 2005-Dec. 2005.
SUPERVISED DOCTORAL DISSERTATIONS:
- Leon, Elizabeth, "Scalable and Adaptive Evolutionary Clustering for Noisy and Dynamic Data ", completed Aug. 2005 (currently Assistant Professor at National University of Colombia).
- Zhang, Zhiyong, "Focused Image
Search in the Social Web", completed 2008 (currently at Yahoo! Inc.).
- Rojas, Carlos, "Learning from Evolving Transactional Data Streams
", completed Dec. 2009 (currently Postdoctoral Research Scientist at Oakridge National Labs).
- Saka, Esin, "Swarm-based Clustering and
Visualization for Web usage Mining", proposal passed, in
candidacy toward final dissertation defense.
- Zhuhadar, Leyla, "Automated Discovery,
Categorization and Retrieval of Personalized Semantically
Enriched E-learning Resources",
completed Dec. 2009 (currently Research Scientist at Western Kentucky University & Adjunct Assistant Professor at University of Louisville).
- Nurcan Durak, TBD.
- Sofiane Sellah, TBD.
- Basheer Hawwash, TBD.
SUPERVISED MASTERS THESES:
- Petenes, Christopher, “ An Intelligent Web Personalization System with a Fuzzy Recommendation Engine” .
- Pavuluri, Mrudula, “ A Study of New Intelligent Recommender Systems for Web Personalization”.
- Rojas, Carlos, “Clustering using a Robust Estimator”.
- Cardona, Cesar, “A New Immune System Model to Cluster Data Streams”.
- Goswami, Suchandra, “A Generalized Framework for Discovering Localized Error Tolerant Frequent Patterns using Dynamic Error Tolerance”.
- Leon, Elizabeth, “ Investigation of New Evolutionary Clustering Models and application to Unsupervised Anomaly Detection”.
- Basheer Hawwash, "Mining and Tracking
Evolving Web User Trends from Very Large Web Server Logs"
SUPERVISED MASTERS PROJECTS:
- Cerwinske, Jeff, “Investigation of a Real time Recommender System based on Mining Evolving Web Clickstreams
- Parupudi, Kiran, “Text Clustering Analysis of Web Snippets from Yahoo Search Results”.
- Noru, Madan, “ Clustering of Nucleotide Gene Sequences using Hierarchical Unsupervised Niche Clustering ”.
- Yarramsetti, Ravi , “An Integrated Tool for Hierarchical Unsupervised Niche Clustering”
- Jammi, Snigdha, “Web Usage Mining with Kohonen’s Self Organizing Feature Maps”.
- Ealla, Vidyasagar, “Java Implementation of Hierarchical Clustering Algorithms for Data and Web Mining”
- Dakuri, Ratna, “Web Usage Mining – Association Rules Discovery from World Wide Web Transactions”
- Dunna, Satish, “Design of an Optimal Classifier for Automatic Web Recommendations”.
- Nibbaragandla, Kiran, “An Intelligent Web Agent for Automatic Taxonomy Generation”.
- Vishnubhatla, Venkat, “Data Mining of the ACT and Enrollment Data at the University of Memphis”.
- Tiruvanallur, Gautam, “Design of a Flexible Web Log Preprocessing System”.
- Valluripari, Chakradar, “VHDL Design of an Artificial Immune System Prototype”.
SUPERVISED UNDERGRADUATE PROJECTS:
Shaver, Billy, “Keyword Search in a Text Corpus”